Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thank God

I just read an e-mail from a friend about a recent interview with Rick Warren and it ended with the following saying:

Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.

Sometimes I need a wake up call to bring me back to the reality of the HERE and NOW. It's easy to get stuck in the difficult and painful moments that life presents and feel frustrated with God for testing us once again, but these are the times when we need him the most. Whenever God tests me, I try to ask myself, "What am I supposed to learn from this?" I've already seen how some of the hardest times in my life have led to the greatest lessons and personal growth.
Today, I praise God for:
  1. My supportive and loving husband
  2. My beautiful daughter
  3. The family I grew up with, especially my mother, grandmother and brother
  4. Second and third chances
  5. The opportunity to live in a diverse culture and learn about other religions, traditions and ways of life
  6. My health and being able to sustain all of the hard times over the years
  7. All of the people in my life who accept me for who I am, no matter what happens or changes over the years
  8. Opportunities to help others
  9. New friends
  10. God's grace