Thursday, July 9, 2009

Marina Barrage

Real quick, before I get to today's trip, I had to share this picture. Juliana has been GO GO GO since the family arrived and last night she passed out on her Nana's lap. So adorable!! My landlord was kind enough to offer to take us to Marina Barrage today, which is hard to get to without a car (and expensive with a taxi!). We were so grateful, because this was one of the sights I really wanted my family to see during their visit.

Considered "Singapore's latest downtown icon," it is the city's fifteenth reservoir with a catchment area of 10,000 hectares, or one-sixth the size of Singapore. The sights from the barrage were gorgeous!! There was also a wading pool area with lots of fountains and I took tons of pictures!

This was a good shot of all of us with the city skyline and Singapore Flyer in the background...

Enjoying the water with Juliana...

My mom and cousin in the wading pool...
I got soaked for this picture, but it was worth it and Juliana loved it!
Love this picture, and I was already wet, so I didn't care anymore...
Juliana was still feeling a bit tired, so we decided to head up to the cafe for some lunch...
Here we are at the cafe waiting for our food...
Jessica with the view of the harbor in the background...
Of course, Juliana had to copy her cousin and take a look outside as well...
Once the food came, Juliana couldn't get enough of it! I guess all of the sightseeing, heat and lack of sleep helped her appetite. She had cashews for the first time (and loved them!!), a chicken hot dog, crackers and even saved a tiny bit of room for a few french fries. It was good, because she got some of her energy back after that meal!!
This is me and Sue Lynn, our landlord. She is amazing!! Hopefully we weren't too much for her today :-)
After lunch, we headed up to the top of the barrage, but part of it was closed off due to lightning. Fortunately, we did get to see the views though.
Juliana and her Nanny...
All of us with the city line in the back...
It was another wonderful day and I am so grateful to Sue Lynn for offering to drive us to see the barrage. We picked up a couple of souvenirs at the shop and will definitely be returning with Jacob!

No comments: