Friday, July 17, 2009

A yummy dinner!

Dinner this evening was at our landlord's club...always a good meal! Here's the group, minus me and I couldn't really get Nana and Jacob in from where I was sitting.
Jacob & Mun Cheong enjoying some Tiger beer!
I don't think any of us expected to eat so much!!! I decided to share some pictures of the food, because it was really good!

This is a spicy sausage dish with vegetables...
A chicken "salad," although not what us Americans consider salad. I forget the proper name for it and I didn't get to try much since it had peanuts, but it got great reviews from everyone else!
Some satay with rice cakes (LOVED these!)... Even though everyone was stuffed, dessert was ordered!! Here are some local favorites. One is Ice Kachang, which is an ice ball with colored syrup, beans, jelly and choclate ice cream. The other is ice jelly with is jelly topped with shaved ice, lime and fruit.
A fruit parfait which ended up being shared around the table...
Jacob enjoying his local dessert...
YUM! Chocolate mousse cake!
After a delicious meal (THANK YOU to our wonderful landlords who have become such great friends!!!!) we walked around their country club for a bit. I joined the girls in the indoor playground and had a ball doing some gymnastics with them. Hey, I still got some skills!!! It was the perfect end to a wonderful day and all of us came back to the apartment happy, tired and stuffed!!! But we all need to rest up, because with only a few short days left, there is still plenty to do!

4 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

what a great landlord... wow... I wish ours was like that... and you do have some skills.. wow... impressive.

yvonne59 said...

Will we ever find such landlord where I am living now?

Melanie said...

I know, we got real lucky with them! They're so good to us and their girls adore Juliana!!

Leone Fabre said...

wait a minute .... you can do all that AFTER you have eaten such a large meal???

I am suitably impressed. :-)