Friday, July 17, 2009

The Southern Ridges

After another rough night for Juliana, she was a bit cranky and still had a high fever this morning. She was trying to entertain herself with daddy's computer...
Then we played with her baseball set, although she still uses the bat as a golf club and puts the baseball around on the floor!!
Daddy and Juliana were checking out the neighbor's new dog and she was very excited!
Yeah, so this is supposed to be for her "baby," but I guess she wanted to have some of the milk too!
We decided to leave Juliana home with Jean since she was still feeling ill with a fever and got picked up by our landlord to head over to the Southern Ridges. I really wanted to take Juliana with us, but she would have been miserable in the heat, so I think it was best for her to stay home and rest.

The Southern Ridges is a nine kilometer span of open spaces that spreads across the hills of many of Singapore's well-known parks, including Mount Faber, Kent Ridge, and West Coast. It was simply impossible to cover it all in one day, but we got to see a good portion of it this afternoon.

So, this is the Canopy walk, which is a gorgeous treetop walk with nice views of the city.
The family about to begin the trek...
Super cute picture of Jess and I...
The love of my life...
How cute are my mom and I?? We got a few minutes to sit down and rest after the Canopy walk, but it didn't last long. Too much to see!
Great family pic in between the Canopy walk and the walk to Hort park!
A war memorial and Jacob joining in for the battle!
This was at the beginning of the walk to Hort Park, which was a beautiful, wavy (and long) path!
I take advantage of any opportunity to get pictures of Jacob and I (without the long arm stretch) since there are rarely any chances!!
Ah, a short rest!
My mom and I on the Hort walk...boy, was it hot! Enjoying the flowers...
Jacob and my mom at the Hort Centre...
After A LOT of walking and some wonderful sights, we headed to a restaurant to enjoy some refreshments and snacks!!
Afterwards, Mun Cheong brought us to IMM to kill some time before dinner with his family!! Nanny and Jessica got to see the water park that Juliana enjoys so much, even though she wasn't with us. At least they got to see it!!!

No comments: