Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My family

Having my family here the last week and a half has been such a blessing. You know the saying, "Distance makes the heart grow fonder?" Well, it's definitely true! I have always been very close to my family so the decision to move to Singapore was a difficult one, knowing I would be so far away from them. I know now that this move was a very good decision for various reasons, but I still get very lonely for my family.

So for now, I am treasuring each and every moment with them during this visit and am glad to be able to create wonderful memories we will share for the rest of our lives. So, this is for them and the rest of my family back home. Love to you all!!

Family

Will you catch me,
when I fall?
Arms open wide,
waiting for the weight
of my tired body.
Will you hold on tight,
as I cry?
Silently wiping away
the salty tears?
And when the time comes
for me to stand back up,
will you be there,
to help me stand tall?
Holding my hand,
in case I falter?
After all of this,
are you willing to do it again?
Is your love unconditional
and your support unfaltering?
God put you in my life
to challenge our willingness
to love one another,
provide comfort in times of need
and someone to celebrate with
when life lifts us up.
Family is the essence of life,
providing clarity,
inspiration,
and unconditional love.
by: Melanie Stephen

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Love family and love the poem... thanks for sharing.