Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chinese Gardens

OK, so before I share the festivities of the day, I just wanted to share this cute picture of Juliana relaxing on her Nana before bed time.
After another relaxing morning and some time at the pool, we headed to the Chinese Gardens. It was raining when we got there, but we decided to stay anyway! This is the bridge that leads you into the Gardens.Jessica and I standing in front on Confucius.
My mom and Jessica climbed to the top of one of the smaller Pagodas to get a better view!
Yay for self timers and this came out pretty good!!
I just loved this picture with the pillars and Confucius in the background.
Hehe, Jessica in the same pose I made a few weeks back!!
My mom sitting in the Bonsai garden, which is so relaxing.

I know I'm weird, but this rock was just neat, so I twisted myself in there to get a picture.
Next stop was the Garden of Abundance which has sculptures of the 12 Chinese Zodiac animals. We decided to find ours and get some pictures!!

My grandmother was born in the year of the Rat: People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions, and are likely to be perfectionists. They are basically thrifty with money. Rat people are easily angered and love to gossip. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful.
My mom was born in the year of the snake: People born in the Year of the Snake are deep. They say little and possess great wisdom. Snake people have tremendous sympathy for others and try to help those less fortunate. Snake people tend to overdo, since they have doubts about other people's judgment and prefer to rely on themselves. They are determined in whatever they do and hate to fail. Although calm on the surface, they are intense and passionate.
I was born in the year of the dog: People born in the Year of the Dog possess the best traits of human nature. They have a deep sense of loyalty, are honest, and inspire other people's confidence because they know how to keep secrets. They care little for wealth, yet somehow always seem to have money. They can find fault with many things and are noted for their sharp tongues. Dog people make good leaders.
Jessica was born in the year if the Goat: People born under this sign are also the most creative. They usually shy from confrontation, pull back when faced with heavy decision-making and blatantly refuse to take an unpopular stand in a conflict.

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Great pics and what a great time... I have been to the same garden but I did not see half of that stuff... how fun.