Monday, July 27, 2009

Some things to miss...

Now, here are some of the things I miss from back in the U.S.:
  1. MY FAMILY
  2. My friends, especially Juliana's play mate, Kali (OK, we miss their parents too :-)
  3. Not being able to have met and held my niece that was born in December and see how parenthood has changed her parents
  4. My car
  5. Knowing where everything in the town and/or city is
  6. Grocery shopping for 1-2 weeks at a time
  7. Trips to Sam's Club or BJ's to stock up on the essentials, limiting the amount of trips
  8. THE FOOD!! Especially the restaurants, such as The Phonecian, La Caretta, The Common Man, Longhorn, Pizzico, San Francisco's Kitchen, Martha's, and the list could go on and on
  9. My family doctor (and friend) to consult with all my questions (I think I annoy her :-)
  10. NOT being the minority, so there aren't any stares for the "white" people
  11. Getting ready to go out without dying of heat!!
  12. SOme cool weather...like a nice spring day with a cool breeze once in a while would be wonderful!
  13. Drive through Dunkin Donuts
  14. Cheaper alcohol

...and so many more little things that come to mind at random moments during the day. But Singapore is wonderful, family friendly and providing opportunities for us we could have never imaged!

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

some more to add... 1) Home Church... 2 ) Chick filet 3) Target/Walmart and 4) Just being able to get in the car and drive... longer than 20 min.

Melanie said...

Target, oh how I miss that store!!