Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Everyone was pretty tired today, so we relaxed at home for the day and then headed out late this afternoon for the 4th of July celebration put on by the American Club.

On our way!!After getting some food, Juliana ran off to enjoy the festivities. She really enjoyed the giant, blow up slide! I'm amazed that for such a little thing, she made her way up to the top and back down again numerous times. She wasn't even fazed by being bumped around by the older kids or taking some tough rolls down.
She was also very taken with the pig walking around and needing to get a high five from him!
This is my mom, grandmother and cousin with Juliana after she exhausted herself playing on the slide and bouncy castle. We stayed up until the fireworks began, but Juliana started crying and screaming, which I had a feeling it would happen, but I guess I didn't anticipate just how much the noise would bother her. So we decided to make a quick exit and watched the fireworks on our way out.

It was a nice way to spend the American holiday with our family and something different than what we're used to from back home.

Everyone is exhausted now from a long day and has turned in for the night. I'm guessing tomorrow will be a nice, relaxing day by the pool for everyone to get plenty of rest for the busy week ahead!

Happy birthday America!

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Sorry we did not get to hang out much... and I can not believe we did not get a pic together... Jennifer and her kids had to leave too before the fireworks bc her oldest does not like them... he was screaming at just the thought of them... hope to see you soon and your family is precious and I am so glad that they are here.

Pam said...

I thought I saw you there! It was a fun party! Enjoy your visitors!