Friday, July 24, 2009

Making the most of a tough day

I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, so it was another slow morning for both Juliana and I. She woke up late after a tough night with a few more welts on her legs, so we slept in more than usual (she ended up in out bed again at some point last night).

We pulled out the "Friday" box, which was filled with musical instruments, some flash cards and a mini Tonka truck.Time to play some music...
Loving the maracas...These were some new flash cards to work on counting skills and she did awesome!!! We went through all of them and I had her count the items on each card. We made it up to nine before she lost complete interest. Not bad!
OK, while we were working on the flash cards, she lied down on her stomach like I do all the time and it was absolutely adorable!These were some other new flash cards to work on spelling out three letter words with pictures and today was the first time to try them. She actually did well and impressed me! Here, we had put together the letters for "hat" and I asked her where it went, so she showed me. Bravo!
She's such a little smarty-pants!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Looks like you had a great day but we sure did miss you at IMM... I hope to get to know J... soon... she is adorable.