Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trying to pack...

I dread packing, no matter what trip I'm taking and whether it's two days or thirty. But it has to get done and traveling back to the states after a year and into fall weather makes it interesting. I was smart enough last year to ship all of Juliana's 24 month clothing over anticipating a visit home in the cold weather, but Jacob and I only have a small selection of what to bring with us. Jeans are key, but we'll make do with the rest and maybe raid storage for anything else we need the day after we get in.

Yesterday, we got the bulk of the packing done, but as soon as Juliana joined us, it was a bit more difficult! She was playing with everything, trying on my clothes and making us laugh, which came at a perfect time as we (or maybe just me) were beginning to get stressed!

Here she is, trying to pack herself and Pooh into one of the empty suitcases... Then she helped me out with some cleaning up!!
Only a few more days until we depart, yay!! I hope it's a smooth flight with a somewhat well-behaved toddler. Can't wait to walk off that plane and see my mom :-) Then apparently, my grandmother will be back at their place cooking us a homemade meal (even though we get in a bit late...but hey, you gotta eat, right?). YUM, good home cooking (a surprise meal too) and great company for our first night back!!

No comments: