Friday, October 30, 2009

Some fun with Jean

I must admit, it has not been an easy adjustment back to our life here in Singapore, since there's the jet lag, a long to-do list and the sadness I am feeling. I want to be back in the U.S. with family, to stand by all of them for the wake and funeral for my Uncle. But I'm here, so far away and it's very difficult. I needed some alone time today, so Jean took Juliana out for a few hours this morning and I got some things crossed off my list.

They had fun exploring downtown. By the water fountain in the mall...Outside by a "tree"...not quite like the apple trees we saw while in New Hampshire, but I guess it will have to do!

Riding the carousel horse... Playing at the indoor playground in the ball pit...

I'll take this as a sign that she enjoyed it!!

Fortunately, the weekend is here, which means family time and Halloween tomorrow. We have plans for dinner at a friend's house and then a party and trick or treating at a Plaza downtown. I can't wait to get Juliana dressed up and hopefully lift my spirits. She's still pretty tired and cranky from the time change, but her laughter, hugs, kisses and "I love yous" are so uplifting!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

We are so glad that you are back and getting over jet lag (hopefully soon)... and can't wait to see her all dressed up.... have a great time at the plaza... see you soon.