Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rest in peace Uncle Gidge


Last night, my mom called with the sad news that my Uncle Gidge (George) passed away Tuesday evening. He had been fighting cancer for several months now and his heart gave out in his sleep. I am grateful that Jacob & I got to see him on Monday, before heading to the airport for our flight. I have gone through many losses now and rarely do you have the chance to say goodbye and say all of the things that need to be said. In my heart, I knew that this visit may be our last, so I told him all of the things in my heart and didn't hold back the emotions I needed to express to him, nor did Jacob. He was a remarkable man, a devoted husband and father and an amazing Uncle, among so many other things. When my father passed away in 2000, I turned to my two Uncles for fatherly support and they both gave me away on my wedding day. Auntie Donna and Uncle Gidge supported Jacob and I throughout our life, in ways that we will never forget. So, rest in peace Uncle Gidge and may you shine down on us from heaven in the company of our other loved ones who have gone Home. I love you dearly and will forever remember your strength, wisdom, encouragement and unconditional love and support.

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So sorry to hear your loss my sweet friend... what a blessing it was to say all the words and all the hug all the hugs before he went to be with jesus... and what a peaceful way to leave this earth... I wish I could hug you... hang in there...

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Raihana Ab said...

Melanie ...

So sorry to hear your loss. Its a good thing that u managed to say what inside your heart to your beloved uncle Gidge...He is with Jesus now and smiling to you from up there ... ((((Hugs)))) ... Be strong, you will meet him again one day..