Tuesday, October 6, 2009

OK, one more!!

I am very very happy to go home and see some LIVE football. The PATS are 3:1...WOO HOO!!! I can't wait to watch the next game, October 11, probably with friends, maybe my mom in the comfort of New Hampshire :-) Other things I am looking forward to:
  1. Family, especially since this will be the first time Juliana gets off a plane to see someone she loves, my mom! Then lots of quality time with everyone else we have missed so much over the last year and meeting our niece, Sydney, for the very first time (she was born in December).
  2. Friends...we haven't seen any of our friends for a year either and can't wait to hang out, see their kids and just laugh! Meghan, who was my maid of honor had twins in June, so I'm dying to scoop them up too for the first time.
  3. Visiting my cousin, Jessica at college. I still think of her as my "little" cousin or the younger sister that I never had and still struggle with the fact that she's in college!!!
  4. Seeing my other "little sister," Tatiana. I'm sure she has grown and matured a ton in the last year and I'm hoping to catch one of her gymnastics practices and if there's time, a hockey practice too. Plus, fingers crossed, I wanna bring her up to UNH with me to pick Jessica up at college. We shall see on that one! Also dying to see her mom, Claudia...someone who has been a blessing in my life since the day I met her.
  5. Good food: Yummy Phonecian, San Francisco Kitchen, Korbani's, Pizzico, a nice juicy steak (or a few), some home cooked meals at my mom's, lobster for Jacob with my family (who knows what for me, but who cares with such great company), Zucchini bread and Chili made by my Auntie Cheryl and so much more...
  6. Driving...look out people! We'll be back on the road after a year of no driving. Scary, huh?
  7. The fall: Colored leaves, cool weather, pumpkins, apples, hay rides, scarecrows, Halloween decorations, the mountains and so much more.
  8. Normal shopping with reasonable prices. I'm especially looking forward to taking Juliana to the REAL Disney Store. Plus we are having her 2 year old pictures taken of course and I can't wait to see them after knowing how good they came out last year.
  9. Possibly a trip to Maine? We're hoping there is time for that too!!
  10. Hugs and kisses from all those wonderful people who love us. Juliana is such a different girl than a year ago and I can't wait to show her off!!
  11. Blankets! Silly, I know, but I look forward to actually sleeping in a bed with blankets on top of me, not the air conditioner and half of a sheet. Which of course also means I look forward to wearing jeans and sweatshirts...comfort clothing :-)
  12. Finally, I look forward to going back to the states after a year abroad of changes and growth. I can honestly speak for Jacob and I when I say that we have changed our perspective on life in many ways and I think it's important to share that with loved ones and see how it has benefited us to have made such a drastic, life-changing move halfway around the world.

Love to all my friends here in Singapore and I can't wait to share all the fun when we get back. Don't have too much fun without us.

1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

a great post Melanie..... what a lovely time you are going to have with family and friends.

Enjoy every minute as it will go so fast.

Shall follow the blog to see what you are getting up to - if you have time. :-)