Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Yup, it's December

No, this is not what my tree looks like, but I wish it did! With the fireplace and everything, reminding me of home where it's cold this time of year and snow is always about to fall. On another note, it's probably good that this is not what my tree looks like, because yesterday, Juliana knocked over the very small, fake one that we have and got all upset, "Oh no! The tree, the tree!" I guess it's good I went with a fake one, no breakable ornaments...simple, to break her into the whole concept for the future holidays!

Yesterday for our craft at MOPS, we did a calendar and I guess that's what it really hit me that it was December 1. I'm ready for the holidays in the sense that we have (some) plans, most gifts are bought (some still coming from the U.S.) and the little bit of decorations that we have are up. I don't think I'm ready emotionally though, which is sad to admit. I'm grieving in new ways I didn't think were possible, for loved ones, especially my dad. I can't believe next March will be ten years....

On a happier note, the bible study Jennifer has been running has been a blessing. This week's video touched on specific subjects I've been struggling with and as it was running, I had tears in my eyes. Did God just give me answers to those prayers I said over the weekend? Wow. The MOPS meeting yesterday was good too and I had my "Share time," (just a ten minute time I share something with the group). I've gotten so much better at speaking, but for some reason, I was very nervous yesterday morning! It was all fine in the end though :-)

So, now that December and the Christmas month is officially here, I'm praying that all of you have a safe and enjoyable season. I wish I could be with loved ones, but I can only be with them in spirit this year. We know how much it costs and how much time on a plane it means to take a trip out here to see us...just wish it wasn't so. Love to you all and I'm sure I will have lots of cute pictures to share this month of the cutie pie!

No comments: