Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A day with my man

Jacob took today and tomorrow off to finish off his vacation days for the year and today was a "date day!" For some reason, I was having separation anxiety with leaving Juliana, but Jacob and I have so little time together as a couple that it was important for us to make time for ourselves. Juliana was in good care with Jean and we headed out after lunch time. Our first stop was Little India to walk around, window shop and then we stopped to get a snack and some drinks. Yes, I made Jacob put on the napkin too for fun...
He can kill me for sharing this picture later!
After Little India, we headed to Bugis Junction to walk through the area, buy some delicious sweet bread we had discovered when my mom was here last year and then headed over to Arab street. This picture was at Bugis...
Last year, while my mom was here, Juliana has put on a show at Bugis Junction in the waterfall. She had a crowd of about thirty people watching her, taking pictures, videos, and laughing at how much she was enjoying the water. I was nostalgic as we walked through, thinking about how much she has grown in the last year!

Anyway, after some shopping on Arab Street, we had a late dinner at a little hidden gem just off the main strip. The tables were actually couches with pillows to relax. I could have taken a nap after my meal! But the ambiance was perfect and the food was delicious...
We love middle eastern food and this was our delicious appetizer, hummus and baba ganoush with pita bread followed by some amazing chicken and lamb...
It was a great day with my wonderful husband and Juliana was all nestled in her bed when we got home. And yes, I did check in with Jean a handful of times to see how our little girl was doing...can't help it!

1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

what a great day ..... you both deserve it too.

Hope you have a blessed and peaceful Christmas.