Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The power of prayer

The most painful situations can lead to the deepest connection to God. As I was running today, Carrie Underwood's song, "Flat on the floor" came on my I-pod and the lyrics meant a lot to me...

If I told you once
I told you a thousand times
You can't knock me off my feet
When I'm already on my knees

I'm flat on the floor with my head down low
Where the sky can't rain on me anymore
Don't knock on my door 'cause I won't come
I'm hidin' from the storm 'til the damage is done
I'm learning more and more that in the darkest moments of my life, God is there, not just in the happy ones. The bible study that a friend of mine has been running has had a huge impact on my life and my faith. This week's video (God's Voice Reveals His Plan) had perfect timing as usual. Priscilla kept saying that when we are in the "desert seasons" of our lives, we need to stop looking at the circumstances and simply look UP! God is awesome and no matter how many times our faith falters or life hands us a roadblock, we can turn to Him.

As Carrie says in her song, nothing can knock us down if we're "already on our knees," waiting for God to guide us.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Amen, sweet friend! This study has been so good for me, too. Look up!! What a great lesson. This is a great post...a much-needed reminder.