Monday, December 7, 2009

Prayer, patience and trust

Thanks to a dear friend, this was in my mailbox this morning and it started the day off just right. I hope and pray it stays that way.

Saint Theresa's Prayer

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing,
Dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Worry looks around,
Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.
-Unknown

In my own personal growth, letting go of worry is a major roadblock, as is the ability to constantly trust God and learning to wait for his guidance. I am learning patience more and more, but it still wavers and I know that it always will. I must always remind myself that God works in his time, not mine...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -Philippians 4:6

Today, begin by opening up your arms up to God's loving embrace...

No comments: