Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Talk about inspiration

Yesterday morning, I had MOPS for the first time in several weeks since I missed the last two meetings while I was in the states. It was so good to see my friends out here and get some hugs that I really needed! The speaker was very inspirational (more below) and I had been praying about whether or not to do something in my life and during MOPS, two VERY clear signs pointed to "Yes Mel, do it!" Well, I did and I'm praying that it does happen and goes well...don't worry, I will update you too!

One of the quotes that the speaker used was, If only we have the will to walk, then God is pleased with out stumbles" -C.S. Lewis. How wonderful! Life is not about being perfect or meeting expectations, whether they are our own or others, but it is about learning from our "stumbles" and finding peace with our past in order to create a better life for our future. While presenting the speaker, the pastor's wife also spoke about how we are all in "different seasons of our life" and that we all have gifts that God intends for us to use for some purpose, however small or grand we may think they are. She was asking us not to compare ourselves to the speaker and raise our expectations of ourselves, but to find inspiration in her words in order to use the gifts we already have. We don't need to search for a bigger purpose, just a more meaningful one in the life we are already living.

I just wanted to share that the speaker, Rose Siow, founded a volunteer welfare organization here in Singapore called Sanctuary House and the website is here. They are always looking for help through donations, volunteers, supplies, etc. If you think you can help, please do!!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So glad that you were touched... and it was good to see you.