Tuesday, November 24, 2009

MOPS meeting and venting

Yes, this is my precious little angel, nice and happy. She is adorable, sweet and loading Jacob and I with affection lately. So, you ask...what's the problem here? Separation anxiety has really set in and it's getting harder and harder to leave her at home to work, do errands, date night, etc. or to go to MOPS, like today (keep reading). She slept good and then asked me to cuddle this morning...I was so happy!! We headed off to meet Jenn and Elyse to go to the MOPS meeting. At this point, Juliana was in a very good mood on the way to the bus stop...
Excited to get on the bus...
Then, we got to IBC and as soon as we got out of the taxi, the anxiety began. Juliana was already starting to cry and cling to me, knowing that I was about to drop her off in the MOPPETS room while I went to the meeting...it was not pretty. I tried to remember all of the points from the session at the last MOPS gathering, about not hovering or trying to engage her while dropping her off. Well, she still cried, reached for me and it broke my heart of course. Made it through the DGL meeting and about ten minutes into the party time (for two members leaving Singapore and one due with her baby in January) before Camille came in with my teary-eyed girl. Once she was with me, she settled in just fine, but I'm at a loss. Patience is very important and lots of prayer! But any moms care to help me out here? If so, PLEASE do!!! What worked, what didn't?

Once the rest of the kids came into the room, Juliana had fun running around with Elyse and hiding under the piano...
Then they decided to help Soraya with her stroller...
She was all smiles, knowing that I was in the same room. After getting home and taking a good nap, she woke up in a great mood. How quickly she changes! Here she is enjoying her slippers like her Nana and Nanny (she even tried them on Pooh!)...
The MOPS meeting was good and so was the small party afterwards for some farewells and support to members of the steering team. I'll be a DGL starting in January for the Planet Pals table, so I'll be praying that all goes well. Now I just need to work on how to manage going to MOPS while dropping off a very unhappy little girl with the other kids, among other things. Insert deep sigh here.

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

She is one sweet girl and loves her mommy so... it was good to see you today... great pics.