Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I just wanna sleep, is that too much to ask?

It's remarkable how tired I can feel right before "bedtime," then I lie down and nothing happens! Sleep does not come. I've been an insomniac for so many years now, it's never a big shock when I don't get a good night's sleep, but those like last night are absolutely horrible. I believe I got 45 minutes or so all together when I may have been better off doing an all-nighter to skip the grogginess. It's remarkable what you think about at midnight, 1am, 2am, 3am, etc. as the clocks slowly ticks by. I think I finally passed out about an hour before Jacob got up for work, so I'm surviving on caffeine and adrenaline right now. Got a lot of reading done though and lots of time to reflect with God. Hopefully I will rest tonight!

Also wanted to send out a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Tati...miss you sooooooooo much cutie! XOXOXO from all three of us.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Hi Mel, I dont know how you cope without sleep. That would be really challenging especially with a very active little girl. Im sure you have tried all the usual things like no caffeine after a certain time but have you thought about trying a simple meditation CD. I use one most nights to get to sleep. Just helps me relax and not think too much about things that are going on at that time. XX Sandie - Australia

Melanie said...

Hey...yes, tried them. However, I'm on a new run to try everything again! So they will be pulled out to try. I'm up for anything at this point, especially when I start feeling like a zombie. Thanks :-)