Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Music, swimming and play!

Yesterday, Juliana had her last music class at Gymboree (hopefully, more music to follow in the next few months, we shall see) and she had a blast, as usual.
She is quite the dancer too when the mood strikes her...
Ah, the maracas, one of her favortie instruments...
After lots of fun with music yesterday, it was off to MOPS this morning. We had some separation anxiety (towards the end of MOPS, I had to go get her from daycare, but she was okay once she was with mommy and I attribute some of it to exhaustion and recovering from her infection) but it was a great meeting. There were separate tables with topics such as potty training, extended family, discipline, separation anxiety (haha, good timing), exercising with your kids, etc. There was time for three tables and it was very helpful and informative. It's always reassuring to know you're not alone and that people have a lot of wisdom and experience to share to help ease the stress. I left feeling confirmed that I've been doing the right things and that the power of prayer is undeniable. I also learned a few lessons in what I need to change about my parenting technique, such as the fact that it's okay to let go and use some "tough love" when necessary!

After MOPS and a nice lunch with some friends, Juliana was pooped and ready for her nap the minute we got home. Thankfully, the sun was still out this afternoon when she woke up so we could go down for a swim and play time!She loves these sprays of water...ducks under them and then gets brave enough to walk through them too!
We had a blast in the water and she kept saying, "Mommy, I love swimming!" Maybe more swim lessons are in store??
Juliana eventually got out of the pool on her own, said "All done" and went to get her towel! I was so impressed that I told her we could go to the playground next...
What a sweet girl!

No comments: