Sunday, August 23, 2009

One of my new motto's

One of the new shows I have unfortunately gotten sucked into is The United States of Tara...love it! I wanted to share the lyrics from the opening credits and I'll get to the "why" later.

Open up the sky
This mess is getting high
It's windy and the family needs a ride.
I know we'll be just fine
When we learn to love the ride!
~by Tim DeLaughter of the Polyphonic Spree's

The words in red is one of my new motto's for life. I'm guilty of living in the past and future and not living for the moment, meaning sometimes I miss out on a lot. Life is a series of ups and downs, a roller coaster and each and every moment, both good and bad are important. There are lessons to be learned, relationships to have, and memories to be made. I am learning to believe that as long as I just sit back in my roller coaster seat, enjoy the wind in my hair and go along with all of the twists and turns, I will be okay.

Praise the Lord! He will guide me and take care of me throughout my ride, no matter how low it dips or how high it goes, I will be fine :-)


No comments: