Saturday, August 1, 2009

Juliana's first year

Today, my friend's daughter, Elyse is celebrating her second birthday (party today, birthday was yesterday) and it got me thinking about the fact that in only three more months, Juliana will also be turning two. So, I started going through all of the pictures from when she was born up until our move to Singapore. We have created so many wonderful memories! So this is simply a memory blog. Hope you enjoy and learn a little more about us!

How it all began! Our wedding, 9-24-05.This is a picture from my brother's wedding. Me & Jacob, then my grandmother, my beautiful sister-in-law, handsome brother and my mom. I was super preggo at this point!! They make a gorgeous couple and are expecting their first child this December. I only wish we weren't so far apart (they live in Florida) so we could share in their preparation and they could see Juliana grow. Thank God for skype!!This was the baby shower thrown by my mom. I was told I looked tiny, but I felt HUGE! I was 7.5 months pregnant. That's my Nana, me and my Mom.
Our precious angel, only hours old..The proud grandmothers...
And one proud great grandmother!
My brother and his wife admiring their niece...
Packed up and ready to lave the hospital. Don't you wish they gave you a "How to be a parent" manual before you left? It would certainly make those first few days, OK weeks, a lot easier!
Here she is one week old. She fell asleep on her daddy and he did too!! Ah, the exhaustion of those first several months.
Posing already!! We used this for the baptism invitation. And her love for Pooh started very early.
My brother-in-law and his wife were living in Europe at the time Juliana was born, so this was the first time Jason got to meet Juliana. She was still so tiny!!
I have always loved this picture, because she looks like such a little princess!
Ah, this was the picture we used for our Christmas cards. She was "nestled all snug in her bed, while visions of sugar-plums danced in her head."
The family on Christmas Day. From right to left: Jacob (holding the little one), me, my mom, my cousins Danny, Corey and Jessica, my Auntie Cheryl, my Uncle Jeff and my grandmother. Oh yeah and the dog that edged his way into the picture too is Milo.
This was Juliana's baptism, which we timed for when Jason & Niki (Jacob's brother and his wife) were home for a visit from Europe since we chose them as her God parents. I wasn't prepared for how emotional and proud I would be!! December 2007GO PATS!! It was the Superbowl, so she had to show some support for New England! February 2008Getting ready for a stroll! April 2008
My first Mother's Day, 2008. It was amazing!! May 2008
Juliana's first visit to the park. She especially enjoyed the swings!! June 2008
Doesn't she look mischievous in this picture?? I kept wondering, "Did she do something? Or is she about to?" August 2008
First trip to the beach with her Nana and Nanny. August 2008
The family at the Hopkinton State Fair (a big deal in New Hampshire). She had lots of fun...got to pet some animals, try some new foods and see a horse show! September 2008 This was her 1 year old picture, although it was taken about two weeks early due to the impending move overseas.
Juliana's first birthday party was supposed to be a big deal with the entire family and all the friends, but then we found out we were moving to Singapore, leaving October 17 and her birthday is the 26, so my mom threw together a last minute party for her! She got showered in gifts and everyone got say a proper goodbye to all of us.

My love for her is written all over my face in this picture!
Big hugs from a very proud daddy!
Time to prepare for the cake!!There was a big one and a tiny Elmo one for her to dig into.
This is my Auntie Cheryl and I've always adored this picture. Juliana is looking very hard at something and my aunt's face shows so much love and adoration for her!
Shortly after, it was time to pack off and move to Singapore. We miss our family and friends terribly. Juliana adores her skype time with Nana, Nanny and her cousin Jessica....as well as other times with my aunt, uncle and other cousins. We also get to see our good friends and their little girl, Kali, who I would say was Juliana's first friend.

Ah, so many memories in just one year and boy does the time fly!! Pretty soon we'll be celebrating her second birthday......!!! (Hopefully in the U.S., but no promises)

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

What a great idea... I am thinking about doing Memory Mondays now... thanks! Great to get to know you more and it is so funny how J looks like the J I know now when she was so tiny... crazy... she is precious a true princess... but glad to see she can hang with the boys... love the wedding pics... I can't wait to celebrate with her soon on her big 2.