Saturday, August 22, 2009

MOPS retreat

Last night was the MOPS retreat for the steering team. I was late to the meeting (of course!), but the beginning went well from what I heard. I showed up for a fun quiz and then we went over all the details for the term since it starts September 1st. Yay! I'm excited to be a part of this.

So, part of Camille's plan to get to the restaurant after the meeting was a Scavenger hunt. We had to get together in our groups and then go off to find someone or something for the letters of the organization.

Here's M for Man. The picture came out really bad, but anyway, he seemed happy to be surrounded by all of us!!
Now, this one was a BIG stretch, but it's O for Over, as in over the rail. Hey, we should get lots of points for creativity on that one! P for Pink flowers. And a good picture too!!
Finally, S for Steer. Initially, we had done a picture by two signs, but saw this and decided it was a bit more creative!
Here's half the group at dinner...
...and the other half, my group, the DGLs: Discussion Group Leaders.
There wasn't a whole lot of business to cover, so we got to chat and get to know each other a little more. Jennifer in the front right has 5 kids, so she's probably going to end up being my "go-to" mom for advice (Sorry hun, but you gotta know it all by now, right?) Just kidding, that's what the internet is for, I'll try not to bug you :-)

After dinner, eight of the ladies went home and the other eight of us were off to the Swissotel for the night. I wasn't sure if I had made the right decision in doing the overnight (for silly, personal reasons really), but I'm so glad I did. Everyone got into their jammies and gathered in Camille's and I's room and talked for a couple hours. I brought up the "Have you ever...?" game and learned a lot about everyone. Like where some of them have been, how long they've been married, how many kids they have, any plans for more, expat experiences, weirdest foods we've tried, most adventurous things we've done, etc. It was nice to get to know some of the wonderful women that I will be working with at MOPS for the next several months.

I'm sure there will be lots more pictures from Camille's camera, so I'll do another post with them once I get them. You'll probably be hearing a lot about MOPS in the upcoming months, but it will be especially good for all my mommy readers or those moms-to-be (Brittellen and K...I don't know if she's told everyone yet, so I'll keep her name as a letter for now!)

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

It was a great night and you were a great roommate...