Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The wonders of MOPS

Yesterday, Juliana and I set out for MOPS, picked up by Hope which is a treat since we can avoid a taxi at rush hour!! I hadn't made it last week since I was ill, so I was looking forward to being around friends and meet some other wonderful woman. Juliana seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself too with all of the other children in the Moppets room. I also loved the "Mommy, mommy" when I went to pick her up and the giant hug she gave me :-)

The topic of the day was discipline, perfect timing!! It was focused on 1-2-3- Magic, which I have started implementing for the last few weeks. It truly does work when it's done correctly. The speaker was wonderful, outgoing and had lots of information to share with all of us moms.

I didn't realize how important it has become to surround myself with other moms until yesterday morning. After a few weeks of rest, appointments, etc., I was in dire need of adult interaction and loving from my friends here in Singapore. It felt good to just be open and share what's been going on in my life, without having to worry about judgement. Just hugs and prayers...all I really need!!

If you're reading this as a mom and live in Singapore, please think about joining MOPS and contact me for further information. It's a wonderful environment to just be YOU and get priceless feedback about what to do in the toughest situation or how to handle the most difficult moments in your children's lives. It's also a great place to share what's worked for you and what hasn't. Probably the most important thing is that MOPS can help you develop wonderful connections and friendships to help you along the path of motherhood!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

What a great post... I too love MOPS... and so glad to see you yesterday.