Monday, September 21, 2009

Life is beautiful!

Sometimes it takes the hardest moments in life to teach the greatest lessons and to realize what and who are important in our lives. I thank God for these lessons, as He continues to provide opportunities for me to grow and learn from my past and see a bright future full of possibilities. I am slowly learning to be more proud of the person I am and see that it's perfectly okay to be ME and stand up for what I believe in.

This morning, Juliana and I met up with Jenn and Elyse for a brief playground trip...it was HOT! I looked at the picture below this evening after a difficult moment and was reminded that what matters if her, Jacob and myself. Yes, of course we love our friends and family, but our roles as parents is to raise her and keep our lines of communication open as a married couple. Jacob and I have learned a lot in the past year and grown tremendously individually and as a couple. God sometimes has used devastating circumstances to help us learn life lessons and change our direction, purpose and goals. He knows just how and when we need redirection in our life and provides the perfect opportunities to put everything into perspective once again.

This amazing child is God's daily reminder that life is a gift and that He is walking right beside us throughout everything, the good times and especially the bad times. There is always something to learn and build our faith, helping me to continue to turn to Him for strength, hope and guidance.Thank you Lord, you continue to instill in me the power of prayer and trust. You have helped me to be less judgemental while also still holding on to my values and beliefs.

Peace, be still. With Christ beside you, you can face the storms of anxiety of today and tomorrow with a quiet anxiety. ~Dr. Robert Schuller

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Praise God for the lessons He teaches us. I learn a lot from my kids. :-) It was good to spend time with you today.