Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sick little girl

After a very rough couple of days (okay, maybe more than that) and some horrible nights with a sick little girl, I am still trying to have fun with her as much as possible. Last night may have got us about 3-4 hours of sleep all together with a lot of crying, a running nose, fever and a very tired and miserable little girl. She would wake up crying and then ends up asking for her daddy too, which just breaks my heart.

Even though she had a bad start to the day and felt awful, we pulled out the play dough for something to do other than lie down, watch TV or read books. I felt so bad for her, because she kept getting frustrated that her nose was running and mad at me when I tried to wipe it! I can't wait until we figure this all out and she feels better.

This is her showing me her "daddy" cutout from the play dough...
Then she talked to "daddy" and gave him kisses...
After making the daddy cutout, she asked to make the rest of the family. Adorable! Here they are as she tells me who each one is...
So, an activity like this would usually last a long time, but I could tell she was simply tired and sick, so she asked to "put the toys away." She's such a sweet little girl, even when she's miserably sick and sad, missing her daddy.

I just hope and pray that she feels better soon and we can figure out what is going on with her poor little body!

No comments: