Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ah, date night!

It as been way too long since we've had an official date night...since Jacob's been back, it's usually consisted of a movie while lounging on the couch. Yes, it counts, but nothing beats getting out as a couple and having some good quality time together.

Tonight's restaurant was Jacob's choice and he picked Thai Fusion (112 Faber Drive). If you like Thai food, you have got to try this place! It was amazing and the prices (especially beer, try the Singha, yum!) were very reasonable. Jacob had gone here with work for a send off dinner for a coworker and the owner recognized him and was very pleasant and nice enough to take our picture...
Yup, I ordered Chili mussels. If you know me, this was a huge stretch for me and I know it may not sound very appealing to many, but I took a chance anyway. Glad I did, because it was GOOD!
Yeah, I love this man with all my heart. He hates it when I take so many pictures (hence the smirk on his face) but I don't care!! Someday, we'll look back and have them to all look at and show our girl. And he can be reassured that I love him more and more every day.
I have no idea what we were laughing at, but I guess it doesn't matter. We still make each other happy, laugh and enjoy life after 9 years together!
Next date night is my choice. Suggestions anyone?? We still have not been to a lot of restaurants here in the city, so let me know what you think I should choose!

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Glad to see you guys living it up and loving each other... a great date night would walking Rochester Park and picking a restaurant and/or going to the New Asia Bar at the top of Swiss Hotel...or just taking a picnic dinner out at WC Park..

Melanie said...

Yes, haven't been to New Asia yet. Good choice, I will keep it on my list :-) I have to be organized