Sunday, June 28, 2009

Family fun

Saturday was a busy day for the family. I had my first class of the new term, so I headed to the Community Centre with a plan to meet Jacob and Juliana at a birthday party afterwards. Class went well with the four children that will be with me for the next ten weeks.

Next up was the birthday party at Go-Go Bambini for the nephew of one of Jacob's coworkers. Juliana had a blast running around!! She enjoyed a nice ball pit...
Played the piano with her feet...
Hung on the ropes while daddy helped push her along...
And she enjoyed watching the other kids dance and play some games. We tried to get her to join in the fun, but she was being shy.
Once the birthday party wrapped up around five, we got a cab to a different coworkers apartment for a delicious meal. They are an Indian family from the U.S. and Juliana must have remembered their apartment, because she was very comfortable playing and giggling. Both Jacob and I expected her to crash after the party, but she got her second wind and entertained all of us. I couldn't even tell you the names of the dishes Monika prepared for us, but it was all really good and I especially enjoyed the homemade Naan!!

No comments: