Saturday, April 3, 2010

A wonderful surprise

Sue Lynn and Mun Cheong had mentioned this place to us a long time ago, but we never got around to visiting. They were kind enough to pick us up this morning and bring us to the Pottery Jungle which was founded in 1965 and houses the only working Dragon kiln in Singapore. It was remarkable and huge!
As you can see, it's practically a tunnel and Juliana went inside with Jacob to explore...
My mom and I sat down on one of the many handmade benches, each one very unique and beautiful!
This is definitely not a place for kids, but she still had fun looking (we had to hold her) at all of the sculptures, especially the ones of animals...
There was a small dock out on a pond that was very nice and quiet... Ah, the queen!
It's so nice to have family here :-)
Sue Lynn spotted this perfect photo moment and I love it! Such a great picture of my mom and I...
I love these trees and they make for great pictures... After leaving, we drove through NTU, which was an enormous campus, much bigger than I could have imagined. We stopped for lunch and tried a little of everything. We got my mom to try some more local dishes like Mee Goreng, Chicken Rice and Carrot Cake (not that kind of carrot cake that we Americans would think of). It was a delicious meal and Jacob finally got his coconut drink too!
We still always leave after spending time with Sue Lynn and Mun Cheong feeling blessed to have them in our lives. They have helped us explore so many different parts of the city, different foods and been wonderful friends. I'm glad my mom got to visit again to see them as well. It was a lovely morning and we hope to go back to look at the pottery again kid-free so we don't have to worry about anything breaking!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love pottery jungle! So glad you got to check it out! =) My husband and I even bought one of the sinks to bring back to the US...love it there!!