Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Peace, tranquility, acceptance

I love Thom Rutledge's work and he has so much wisdom and knowledge. He's an inspiration and these are just a few of the "nutshells" I looked at today. Very fitting for my life at the moment. For this first one, it's about taking chances in life, despite what the consequences may be. Don't sit on the sidelines, but play the game of life and feel all of the emotions.
Loving yourself can be one of the most challenging things to do in a society that encourages change, dieting, perfectionism, staying young, plastic surgery, etc. Part of self-love is learning to put yourself first, even if it means that other people won't accept it. I'm learning this more and more, because the person that I am may not be the person other people want me to be and that's just too bad for them. They can take me AS I AM or leave me out of their lives. I have to accept it and find peace in knowing that I am being true to myself and to the person God reated. The biggest part of this is being able to no only love and respect yourself, but to know that it's OKAY!
I've always loved the saying, "The Calm Before The Storm," but this is a twist on that. How many times have you gotten "stuck" in a storm? Especially in Singapore!! Maybe the storms should be embraced, both physically and figuratively. It's natures way of expressing itself, possibly nature's anger, frustration or pain. Next time there's a storm on the horizon, I will embrace it, sit back and allow myself to learn from the rain, thunder and lightning. Storms are always going on inside of us, so why not use nature to help us learn from them?
Below is a handmade piece of jewelery made by Karin Collin, owner of Spoonfed Art. She uses spoons to create art pendants by filling them with all things glittery, shiny and bright. The spoon pendants evolved out of her collage work, which she started as a means of artistic therapy. They are all unique and colorful and echo the "power to heal." One review stated: They are staggeringly beautiful pendants with a soul.
They are rather expensive though, so I guess I'll have to save up. Hope you enjoyed my little inspirational entry. Blessings!

No comments: