Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Skype with daddy

Yesterday was a tough day here. Juliana is missing her daddy and keeps talking about him and she's terrified of me leaving too now. Even going upstairs to change can lead to a cry...it's just been hard. I know a lot of the changes in emotions are part of her age, but she's also been a lot more emotional the last few days and having tantrums over the smallest things, which I think is in part due to Jacob leaving and her being confused as to why he left and where he is. She's very clingy with me, not that I mind, but sometimes, I just don't know how to console her. I end up just holding her while she cries. She's also been spiking a temperature, figures. Wouldn't you know that when Jacob goes away, she would get sick...typical!

Right before Jacob called on skype last night, Juliana had set up a picnic (after we already ate dinner) on the carpet for us to have. She "cooked" some hamburgers and cake and took her time setting it all up with tea too.
Then Jacob called and she turned into a completely different girl. She was so excited to talk to him and I brought the computer over to her picnic, because she told him that she made him dinner! She wanted Jacob to herself...
We got to talk for a bit, but Juliana was very demanding of daddy's attention! She did the same things, hugging the computer, saying how much she loves him and that "daddy is far far away." When we had to say good night, she was getting sad, so I made sure to read her some books and give her lots of hugs before putting her to sleep.

Unfortunately, it was a bad night. Juliana woke up just after midnight with a severe temperature. From experience, I knew that the best option was to give her the fever medication and wipe her down with a cool cloth. I brought her to lie down with me for a while, rubbing her back and after a while, she finally started to settle down. I eventually brought her back to her crib so that she would get her rest. She tossed and turned all night and woke up cranky and tired this morning. The fever is better, but still there, so I just hope she gets more rest today and feels better soon.

No comments: