Thursday, January 14, 2010

Just some thoughts

Now that Christmas is over and we are settling into the New Year, it's time for a lot of self-reflection. I'm not a big believer in New Year's Resolutions, but Jacob and I did sit down and write a few realistic goals we would like to achieve this year, as individuals, as a couple and as a family. I think the most important goal for me is to begin to love and appreciate myself more, to build my self-esteem and confidence, especially to be a good role model for my beautiful daughter. I am who I am and whether or not people like it, shouldn't matter. Of course, as I've learned in my bible study, it's important to act on my freedoms while also taking into consideration how it affects other people in my life, but also not to turn away from what God is calling me to do. I find that when I quietly and calmly listen for His guidance, He is very clear about His intentions for my life. It's when I get caught up in the circumstances of my every day life and forget to look up that I get lost, confused, frustrated and inpatient. I know that just like everyone else, I'm a work in progress (just like a piece of clay!) and always will be, since there is no such thing as perfection. God created us in His image, but He also gave us free will and flaws. Despite it all, He will always love and accept us, which can be one of the most comforting thoughts in the most difficult times. He calls us to serve Him, be humble and touch the lives of others ones along the way to the goals he has set for us.

May you find peace in your days, happiness in your duties and inspiration in your relationships. As I wrote before, just look up when you're feeling lonely, stressed or confused. Easier said than done, but believe me, when you can commit to doing this, it works!

No comments: