Monday, January 25, 2010

He's safe!

So, Jacob landed in Sydney last night and he's safe and sound! Phew. He got to call on skype and talk to us after he checked in to his hotel. Juliana was hugging the computer, saying "I love you so much daddy" and "Come home daddy." Breaks my heart! But she did okay for the night and I just pray that the rest of this week and next goes as smoothly as possible. Jacob has a lot of work to do, so Juliana and I will keep praying that he's safe, gets the job done and comes home to us as soon as possible!

Yesterday morning, after we knew Jacob got on his flight, we headed down to the pool. Juliana is becoming such a great swimmer and she actually let me put these on her arms... Okay, but they didn't last! She likes to be independent and does well on her own. As I wrote before, she can dunk her head under now, so as long as I'm with her in the kiddie pool, she does fine without anything to help. The big pool, well that's another story.

She found this tube that another kid must have left behind and had so much fun with such a simple thing!It's amazing to watch her in the pool, because for the first few months that we lived here, she was afraid of climbing up the steps or going down this slide. Now, she can't get enough of it... She also loves to splash!! We are trying to fill up our week as much as possible to make the time go faster until Jacob comes home. I just hope she does well each day and that we get to talk to him as often as possible. Love you hunny!

No comments: