Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Is it time to leap?

I'm amazed at how life can throw us a curve ball now and then and make us realize we need a change. Through my work over the years on myself and with social work, I've learned that it's all in the individuals hands to choose when to really change. It's often related to the metaphor of climbing a mountain. Two steps up, one down. It may take while to get to the top and you may fall along the way, you may even get hurt. But eventuality, you reach the top and once you're there, the choice is, "Do I leap or don't I?" That leap could be forgiveness, freedom, recovery, a new job, and so on and so forth. I'm at the top of my enormous mountain and every now and then, I fall back a little, but I made it this far and there is so much more to come. I know I"m not truly ready to leap just yet, but I have high hopes for my future!
All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow
If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit
It's the most unhappy people who most fear change. ~Mignon McLaughlin

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me.

Are you ready to leap?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

do it mel i know you can!!!

Mom L said...

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
~ Groucho Marx

Mom L said...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. "
~ Mark Twain

Mom L said...

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. "
~ Kahlil Gibran

Mom L said...

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."
~ Goethe

Mom L said...

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

Winnie the Pooh