Friday, May 15, 2009

Marriage

One of our marriage devotions this week talked about some of the reasons that "Men have it easier than women." I thought I'd share some of the list since I thought it was rather perfect :-)

When you're a man...
  • Your last name stays put.
  • You can never be pregnant
  • Wrinkles add character
  • You've got one mood all the time. Usually.
  • A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
  • You can open all your own jars.
  • Your underwear is $8.95 - for a three pack!
  • The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
  • You only have to shave your face and neck.
  • You can play with toys all your life.
  • One wallet and one pair of shoes - one color for all seasons.
  • You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
  • You can "do" your nails with a pocket knife.

The scripture for the devotion was, "The man said, 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called woman for she was taken out of man.'" (Genesis 2:23).

Jacob and I had an interesting conversation after this one :-) Whenever we joke around about who loves Juliana more or who she loves more, my reason is always, "I grew her! She was in ME for 9 months!"

Marriage is such a gift and it always helps to appreciate one another, be patient and take the time to genuinely appreciate all of the reasons we adore our spouses. Whenever I look back at pictures from over the years, there has always been joy written all over our faces. Here are some pictures through the years...

The Bahamas, Summer 2003Outside Brown's Lobster Pound in NH after a deep sea fishing trip, June 2004Our amazing wedding day, September 24, 2005Honeymoon in CA, October 2005Notre Dame when we flew to Europe in May of 2007 for our last trip before becoming parents7 months pregnant at my brother's wedding in northern New Hampshire, August 2007And of course, our proudest moment, October 26, 2007...While Juliana is the center of our world, it's always important to take the time to be with one another, and with God. Engraved on the inside of our wedding bands is MT3, meaning Marriage Takes Three. Sometimes I need the extra reminders in my life that my marriage, being a mom and all of the little things in my daily routine simply can't work without that third party, God. He has given me countless blessings in my life. Without my husband, I would never have my beautiful daughter, so I am grateful to God every day for making our paths cross all those years ago. The results have been amazing (AKA: Juliana :-)!

2 comments:

Leone Fabre said...

a heart felt posting .... loved reading this one and it is so true.

We are certainly blessed in many ways!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So sweet..... I love this post and I am sure your husband had a huge smile when read it... I love the MT3 saying... very sweet and true.