Friday, May 8, 2009

Life is about the little things

It's been quite an eventful week, with Jacob off from work and plenty of family time. I love it when I look through pictures, mainly of Juliana, and it reminds me to appreciate the little things in life.

1. The smile on her Juliana's face the first thing in the morning

2. The warmth of Jacob's hugs

3. The skype calls with my mom and grandmother from back in the U.S.

4. The care packages with presents for Juliana and things from back home I simply cannot get here

5. Having a huge pool right downstairs to enjoy whenever we feel like it and not having to take care of it

6. God's messages through the people and events in our lives

7. Learning something new from a difficult situation

8. Looking forward to visitors

9. Family dinners

10. Meeting new friends and having their support, no questions asked

11. The chance to take part in something new that will provide growth for me

12. Our move to Singapore and the chance to take in all that a new and diverse culture had to offer

13. Second and third chances

14. Being me, even when it's not always what people want and feeling good about it

15. The unconditional love of my family and friends

16. All of Juliana's adorable words and actions

17. Waking up to a new day with new possibilities

18. "Stay-cations"

And all of the other "little" things that fill my days. I guess sometimes it takes major changes in our lives, gains and losses to learn how to appreciate all of the small things in our day-to-day lives. Life is filled with opportunities and the trials and tribulations that God puts us through help us to grow and evolve into stronger individuals.