Monday, May 25, 2009

It's Show Day

Today marked the end of the spring term for Juliana's Little Gym classes and it was "Show Day." Basically, that means they go over all of the skills they have learned over the last ten weeks and get a chance to show off. Even after all this time, I am still amazed at the amount of energy that she has for this class...I end up being completely exhausted by the end of it from chasing her around!

So here she is starting class off with some bells and songs...
Juliana has grown to LOVE the bars...definitely her favorite and she's become so strong at holding herself up and swinging.
Parachute time is also very exciting. The teacher didn't even have a chance to spread it out before Juliana attacked it!
Exploration time...

This was after she did her forward roll down the mat and right before getting up to do a back handspring over the hot dog mat...
Ball time! Today, the instructor sang "Ring around the Rosie" while they sat (or in Juliana's case, bounced) on the balls and then fell off at the end. It was cute, all of the kids were giggling.
On my way out, I happened to notice a poem on the bulletin board that I have apparently missed all these months about the Little Gym's philosophy. Thought it was cute and very fitting.

I am different.
I am growth.
Both of body and of spirit.
I am helping hands that boost
Arms that hug
Smiles that guide.

I am different.
I am confidence.
A straighter spine and wider eyes.
I’m a teacher raising tiny hopes.
I’m a spirit on tiptoes, reaching.

I am different.
I am connection.
Between mother and child and future.
I am bonds formed over floor mats,
Friendships forged in happy song.

I am different.
I am playful.
I am so much more than play.
I roll, I toddle, I jump, I run.
I try. I try again.
I stretch the definition of fin
And strengthen healthy habits;
I open my doors to giggling lives,
I both feed off and field their potential.

I will leave a child energized.
I will leave a parent breathless.
I will bring a lifetime of chances to say
“Look what I can do!”

I am different.
I am magical.
I am The Little Gym.
I’m busy creating winners at life.
Come and grow with me.

Juliana has her free camp and a few mini-term classes during the month of June, but then she'll be trying out Gymboree's play and learn classes for a little bit. I have a feeling we'll end up back at the Little Gym soon though since she loves it so much. Having done gymnastics throughout my childhood, I don't mind one bit :-)

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So much fun.. wish we would have done that this year... very pricy but looks worth it.