Saturday, November 1, 2008

We're HOME

YAY! We fianlly moved into our new apartment on Friday night!! I was nervous, because it was the first time Jacob got to see the place....yeah, so I picked out our "home" without him!! He had to work, so I got to shop for real estate :-) It's gorgeous and so nice to finally be able to settle in to our new life here in Singapore. Living out of suitcases was getting pretty old!

When we arrived with out real estate agent on Friday evening, our landlords (husband & wife) arrived with their two daughters and maid...they introduced themselves and immediately started to grab bags and bring them up to the apartment!! It's amazing how nice and friendly people are out here, so willing to go out of their way to help complete strangers. After spending most of our day with them today as well, we are very grateful to have been blessed with such wonderful landlords! They took us out to lunch and then to the grocery store (with their car, a luxury our here!) to stock up on some necessities. They also offered to take Juliana anytime we needed some time to ourselves, which was wonderful considering Juliana fell in love with their maid and two daughters!

I will post pictures of the apartment very soon, but currently, the only ones that I have were taken by Shirley (RE agent) when we looked at the place. So, they aren't the best pictures and I wanted to post my own...so they are coming! But, this afternoon, we took Juliana down to the pool and got some great shots of her enjoying the water! The one to the left is a just a picture of the water playground here at Summerdale. I already know that we will be spending a lot of our time in this area...Juliana's eyes lit up as soon as she saw it...water AND a playground! After a rough couple of days for her (time change, another move, the stress of packing & unpacking, etc.), she had such a good time hanging out in the water.

To help make this transition a bit easier, I've also been looking into some "mum & tot" playgroups in the area to meet some other women and children in the city. I will be attending my first one this Wednesday at a local church. I've already gotten a lot of e-mails and posts on my meetups profile from other moms here in Singapore, so I'm feeling a little more comfortable with our new life. After seeing how happy Juliana was with our landlords' daughters, it was clear that she needs to be spending more time with other kids. So wish me luck on meeting some new friends for both Juliana and myself!!!
Keep checking in, because I will be posting pictures of the news place very soon and all of our adventures out here in Asia. By the way, we also would like to extend out OPEN INVITATION to family and friends to come out and visit!! We made sure to find an apartment with a spare bedroom for guests :-) Only one visitor is booked at the Stephen Hotel so far (my mom of course!!), so please feel free to come over, visit and take the opportunity to see this part of the world!!!


No comments: