Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So sick

So, we are all officially sick over here in Singapore, ugh. Jacob had it first, then me and now Juliana...and she is so miserable. I'm just starting to feel better, so I don't have a whole lot of energy, but you don't get a choice as a parent, right? The last two days have not been all that pleasant and my poor daughter has been sneezing like crazy and unable to sleep soundly even though she's exhausted. It's times like these that make you miss home the most when you're so far away...the comforts of having friends and family around to help out and an amazing doctor (and friend!) to go to with a long list of questions. Miss you Claudia!

I did make it out this morning to the pharmacy in hopes of finding something to give Juliana besides the Tylenol I have. What was I thinking? Either the boxes are in Chinese or the salesperson doesn't understand what I'm asking for...I ended up buying a few things that looked to be for children with colds and headed home to read the instruction booklets to see if any of them were useful. Ended up giving Juliana something, but I'm not convinced that it really did anything for her at all, but we'll try again in the morning.

In my desperate attempts to help her in any way possible, I finally got around to scheduling her well visit with a pediatrician out here that came highly recommended. So we will be going to the Kinder Clinic on Thursday morning for a check up, immunizations (I hope) and a consult to see what to do next time she gets sick.

At the end of the day, I'm sitting here thinking (again) about what we just did in moving out here. It continues to amaze me that we picked up our entire life and moved halfway around the world...we actually did it. Jacob & I, two people who usually take the safe road and I certainly have been known to reject change in the past, decided to just close our eyes and leap. Every single aspect of our lives has changed and we're slowly adapting to a new lifestyle. I'm not too sure that I could ever fully get used to living like this, but we'll manage for however long we're out here and hopefully make some great friends along the way!

P.S. Even though she's sick, she's still adorable!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think you guys are really brave for enduring such a drastic change. Hang in there! P.S That's the cutest picture!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter has the CUTEST smile. It lights up her whole face.
I did want to say though that the FDA very recently (only a few months ago) recommended against the use of any OTC medicines for colds in children under two. Here is an article about it http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/17/news/companies/fda/index.htm

I hate seeing Bronson miserable. I just try to use the nosefrida (way better than using a bulb syringe) and give him lots of warm baths and showers to ease the congestion a bit.

Melanie said...

Hey! THank you for the info...I did check with a local pediatrician to make sure sicne I was freaking out! Phew! The one I used is safe, yay. Moms tends to worry a lot, huh?

Mrsktalbot said...

Why is she so cute. Glad to see she was still that happy when she was sick!