Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our New Maid

OK, so our new maid, Jean (I thought it was Jane and I was wrong!) moved in last night. When her previous family dropped her off, I felt so bad for her, because it was so impersonal and quick. Jean was crying, because she has spent the last year and a half of her life living with these people and taking care of their daughter. She must have apologized to Jacob & I ten times for being upset!! If that was me, we all know I would have been sobbing!

So the experience so far is....interesting, somewhat awkward at times, and a major challenge for me. Can you imagine me putting the control of cleaning and maintaining the house into someone else's hands?? I can't even fathom it!! (and yes, I know Britt, that you can't either!) It's been one day and I'm already having a hard time just letting go and allowing her to do her job. She's also great with Juliana, but again, that feels kind of weird too. I feel strange sharing the responsibility of her with someone else, someone new. I guess that's because Juliana was never in daycare, so this is really the first time Jacob & I are trusting someone we don't know to take care of our daughter. Another learning experience, as if we haven't had enough lately. I'll keep posting about how it goes!

On another note, I may be taking the TESOL course next month. Since Jean flies home for the holidays on the 10th and the course goes from the 6th to the 16th, I wasn't able to sign up without having someone to watch Juliana. But thanks to our amazing landlords, Juliana has a place to go for those days so mom can earn her certificate. The instructor wants to meet with me and set me up to observe an ESL class before signing up and spending that money without being completely sure about it. I hope it works out!! I would finally be able to put my degree to good use!!

Other news...my mom arrives for her visit in four weeks and I am looking forward to that! And our shipment from home should be here in a week or two at the most, yay!! It will be our own little Christmas, because I forgot half of what we packed. Juliana will think we bought her all new toys and books (although I know she's too smart for that)!

Hope all is well back in the US...miss you all.

No comments: