Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Life is too short

Family means too much
Friends are too valuable
And life is too short
To put-off sharing with people
How much they really mean to you
And pursuing whatever it is that makes you happy.

Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family.

We all know that time flies and we can miss so much if we're not paying attention. With Juliana, I realize how precious each and every moment is, because I don't want to miss anything. I have an amazing marriage, a beautiful daughter, family back home that loves me unconditionally and dear friends that I know will always be there no matter how much time passes or how much distance is between us. The rest of it doesn't really matter in the long run. It's taken me years to finally be able to work on believing in the phrase, "I am me and I am OK." A life spent trying to satisfy others or prove myself is simply a waste, because God made me for who and what I am, "flaws and all" (thanks Beyonce for that phrase!).

So, when I look at my daughter develop with each passing day and see her brginning to establish her independence and learn from her environment, I am grateful for the learning opportunities that she provides for me. I am growing with each passing moment and realizing that I have a lot more strength than I believed. Praise to God for the blessings that he puts in my life, even those that are disguised under trying times.

No comments: