Sunday, April 12, 2009

Date night!

What a wonderful evening!! We started out with a delicious dinner at Al Dente Trattoria at the Esplanade Mall. They sat us on the rooftop, which overlooks Marina bay, the Merlion and the city skyline. Our meals were fabulous, definitely a recommendation!! Good, authentic Italian food, great wine list and a delectable choice of desserts.

These aren't my pictures, but this is what the Esplanade looks like during the day and night...
After dinner, we walked over to the theater for CATS, which was a Christmas gift from Jacob. I had hinted at wanting to go back in November when I saw it advertised since I've seen it twice before and absolutely love plays! Our seats were nice and close and we were also seated close to the dividing wall where the cats climbed by us and entertained a little boy sitting next to us.
Overall, PERFECT date night!

And I learned something I didn't know before about the play from the program...

Jellicle - the type of cats in the musical
T.S. Eliot used this word because it reminded him of how his niece sounded when she tried to say the words "dear little kitten."

No comments: