Monday, October 27, 2008

New friends, new beginnings?

So, yesterday afternoon we were invited to the home of one of Jacob's coworkers. Richard even picked us up at our apartment, so we wouldn't have to figure out how to get there by bus. Their apartment was gorgeous! All together, 3500 square feet and since they have been living in Singapore for a while, they have decorated it with furniture, rugs and souvenirs from their travels around the city.

Shortly after we arrived, another one of Jacob's coworkers arrived with his wife and eight month old daughter. It was nice to be around some adults, since I've been spending all of my time with Juliana!

Richard's wife, Cathy and I had a good conversation about adjusting to our new life here in Singapore. She gave me some ideas on what to do with Juliana and tips on saving money, where to shop for clothes, groceries, etc. Come to find out, Cathy teaches English on a part time basis and may have some connections for me to get a job while I'm here!! Maybe I will finally be able to put my degree to good use. We shall see :-)

It was a nice evening and we seem to have made some new friends. Juliana also enjoyed being around Isabella!
This morning, we made the mistake of letting Juliana feed herself. What a mess!! She still chooses to use her hands instead of the spoon, hehe!
Since today is a holiday here, Jacob has the day off, so we'll be heading out to do a little exploring. We are going to try and take on Chinatown again, since we were told that we had not gone to the right area. Wish us luck!

No comments: