Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A day of good food!

Yesterday, it was a typical start to the day...didn't leave the apartment until after Juliana's long morning nap. We were both hungry, so we went across the street to a place called Simply Bread. It's not just a bakery, but also a cafe that offers sandwiches and salads for lunch. Juliana and I had a roasted chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and mushrooms on ciabatta bread...delicious!! I would have eaten two of them is they weren't so big!

After another day of shopping...seems that it's all I do since I got here...we decided to go out for a late dinner after Jacob got home from work. The cuisine of choice was German at a place called Stammtisch just around the corner from the apartment. It was nice to see things like sirloin and beef tenderloin on the menu. This was also the first time that bread was offered without having to order or pay for it! For us Americans, not having bread offered at a restaurant is simply ridiculous. Anyway, the food was amazing and in my opinion, worth the high price we paid for it. Juliana got to munch away on french fries and I thoroughly enjoyed my perfectly cooked beef tenderloin. In fact, I think Jacob was a bit jealous of my dish :-) Dinner ended with chocolate fondue for me and strawberries and ice cream for Jacob. We will definitely be returning to Stammtisch in the near future!!

No comments: