Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Apartment search & Clark Quay

Hello all!! I'm writing this on Thursday evening (my time), so it's been a couple days....unfortunately, my laptop stopped working on Tuesday night, ugh!!! Not sure what happened, but it is working now! Getting through the last two days without a computer was awful! I never imagined that I would need the internet as much as I do now. It helps me figure out where to go and how to get there as well as allowing me to keep in contact with everyone from home.

So, to update you all on what's been going on...Tuesday morning was the apartment search. Shirley, the real estate agent that works with Bovis Lend Lease and her sister picked me up in the morning. Her sister came along to hold Juliana while I looked at the apartments...very nice! She had set up seven appointments for me at four different apartment complexes in the Jurong Point area, which is where Jacob will be taking the shuttle to work. I fell in love with the third apartment we visited!! It is what they considered a pent house out here, because it's at the top of the building and includes a huge terrace. It comes furnished with the basic necessities, such as sofa, beds, major appliances, etc. and I ended up making some additional requirements when we inquired about renting the place. Yesterday, Jacob and I signed the letter of intent and made the initial security deposit to hold the apartment. So, it looks like we may have our home!! I'm excited at the idea of finally "settling in," because right now it just feels like I'm staying at a hotel.

When we got back and after Juliana napped, we used the pool here at our temporary housing for the first time. She was very excited!!!


___________________________________________________


Wednesday, Jacob, Juliana and I headed to the main office for Bovis Lend Lease here in Singapore to finish up some paperwork...we finally received our green cards! We are officially residents of Singapore until 2010!

After leaving the office, we headed to Clark Quay for some lunch. The area is described as, "A haven for world-class entertainment and glorious food, this former trading hub is now a den for modern pop culture in an old-age architectural setting."
Juliana particularly enjoyed the fountains!!!! It was a nice break from the humidity too!

I'm beginning to think that Juliana is going to turn into a little fish while we're here. Just before the picture below, she was starting to get cranky, but water fixed that!


After a delicious lunch, we returned to the apartment just in time to meet the courier who brought our green cards and passports from the main office. It's nice to finally feel like we're "here," ya know? Instead of just visiting, we're actually residents of the city!!! For me, it makes the whole experience a little easier.



No comments: