Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day was nothing all that great, but we have never really bought into the holiday much anyway. Jacob had to work in the morning and I had to work in the afternoon. One thing that was good is that I had to schedule a make up class for Little Gym since Juliana was sick a couple weeks ago and I made it for a Saturday so that she could go with Jacob. They had the class last night...I wish I had been able to go and watch, but since I had to work, I only got to see the last few minutes of them singing the goodbye song. Jacob said he had such a good time watching Juliana and how much fun she has at the gym. She learned how to do a backward roll and how to walk backwards on the beam. She's also catching on more to the songs they sing and how to put away the balls and instruments when they're done. I'm glad Jacob finally got to participate in a class with her!!

After gym class, we went to dinner as a family for our Valentine's Day at Tony Roma's off Orchard road. It was a very good dinner and even though it's supposed to be a couple's holiday, I couldn't imagine spending it without Juliana! For the holiday, there were people dressed up as cupids walking up and down Orchard road selling roses, fake flowers and balloons, so I got Juliana a flower, which she seemed to enjoy! She kept smelling it and holding it up for Jacob and I to smell!And here's a picture of Juliana thoroughly enjoying her corn on the cob...
For the upcoming week, we have a couple of play dates and I have some more new students to teach. The job is good so far, although I still wish it was more hours and that I could see the same students on a regular basis. Each week, I see different students, so it makes it hard to know what to do with them, since I have no idea what they're looking to learn or what other teachers have covered with them. I think it would be easier for students to work with the same teacher on a regular basis to maintain consistency and be more productive in their language skills.
On another note, thank you to everyone for reading my blog and especially to those of you who have signed up a follower. I'm already listed on one expat site and I recently was contacted by another, so it certainly helps to have visitors and more followers. I enjoy writing and look for any feedback or questions to help me decided what to write about! Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: