Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Simply amazing

Days like today remind me of how lucky I am...

Juliana and I headed to IMM for the water park, since it's been a while. As soon as I mentioned it, she seemed to know what I was talking about! We walked around a little bit in the mall and then as soon as she saw the park, a big smile spread across her face. I could barely keep her still long enough to get her little swimmer and bathing suit on!Eventually, I could tell she was getting pretty tired, even though she didn't seem to want to give in. But the fun had to end at some point in order to grab some lunch. Although her appetite has been up and down lately, she ate a very good lunch! We did a little walking around and picked up a gift and card for Jean's birthday before heading back home.

The last few weeks have been much busier than I anticipated and it didn't quite hit me until this week how lucky I've been feeling lately. Yes, things are stressful with finances and not knowing what to expect with the economy, but there's no point in stressing about it. We simply can't do anything about it, so I've been trying hard to simply allow myself to be present in the moment. Whenever I am able to block out the past & worries about the future, I am amazed at how much I notice. Juliana has been changing so much in the last few weeks and every time I stress, I miss something new and important with her. I love watching her explore, try to say new words, run to Jacob at the end of the day and give me kisses when I get back from being at work. She simply amazes me and reminds me how precious life is.

A few mornings ago, we were on skype with my mother and grandmother and Juliana was absolutely adorable! She was dancing for them, turning in circles, chatting up a storm, trying on her Ariel sunglasses, cooking and trying to feed them...I was sad when we hung up. Her personality is so bold and beautiful, I get emotional when I see how much my mom and grandmother light up when they watch her. I just wish the distance wasn't quite so far and that we could visit. But again, it's another little reminder of how much we should appreciate what we have and for all of the blessings in our life. We tend to take everything and everyone for granted, life passes us by and before we know it, we have regrets and we've missed the chance to enjoy our loved ones and whatever opportunities life has to offer. I don't expect myself to completely change who I am, but I do hope that I can continue to learn more about myself and what is truly important in my life.
God bless everyone...

No comments: