Saturday, January 17, 2009

Updates

Hello everyone!! Well, it has quite a busy week. Tuesday morning, I took Juliana to the doctor since she was due for her next immunization. Unfortunately, she didn't have it because she had the start of yet another ear infection and a throat infection!! Poor girl. So, more antibiotics and then another couple weeks until the immunization. She also cut her tooth over the weekend, so with everything going on, no wonder she was having trouble sleeping.

Wednesday, I got to start out my day with a lovely trip to the dentist and that is never good news. But all I can do is take it in stride, right? Then I met up with a woman from America that just moved out to Singapore in October, like us!! Her husband also works out in Tuas and they have a little girl....so maybe Juliana will have a new playmate!! It was nice to talk to someone that I could relate to and share our experiences about living "with the locals" rather than downtown where most expats live.

Thursday was Juliana's Little Gym class and I brought Jean with us. I wanted her to experience Juliana's classes in case I do find a job and cannot go to all of them with her. So, Juliana was a bit cranky to begin with and then ended up fine towards the end. She got to do forward rolls!!! Before the Goodbye song, they sang Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and my smart little girl did so well. She's got head and shoulders down and slowly working on the rest.

Finally, Friday was her Kindermusik class and Jean went in with her for this one. Juliana had a wonderful time!! I enjoyed watching her play her instruments, clap along to the music and interact with the other kids. She is slowly getting better at being in groups, which is one of the biggest reasons we put her into some playgroups. I also signed up for a class of my own, but I'll keep that a secret for now until the final product is done (I hope!).

The good news is that I received my official certificate in the mail for TESOL and will be starting two other online courses for Teaching Young Learners and Business Students. Also had my first interview...not a good fit, but at least I got one over with. The search continues...

No other news...Jacob is busy at work and had a lot of meetings this week. And Chinese New Year is coming up, so he will have a four day weekend. It will be nice to relax and take in some of the festivities!

No comments: