Thursday, January 8, 2009

So sad...

Well, my mom's visit has come to an end and she will be leaving very early tomorrow morning. We've had such a good time and I really enjoyed being able to show her around and share new experiences with her. Juliana has gotten so close to her again over the past couple of weeks and it's going to be hard to see her go. She's been saying "Nana" all the time now and giving my mom hugs and kisses. This is probably the hardest part about being out here in Singapore...my family is so far away and I miss them all so much. This morning, my mom got Juliana a gift for our terrace and the two of them sat outside to have a little tea party.
I'm feeling down with my mom leaving, but I know she is planning on making another trip out this year with my cousin and grandmother, so that helps. In the meantime, I have been searching for jobs since I'm nearly done my online TESOL course. I put in a few applications this week and will be sending more. I did get one job offer though...but it's in China!! I wish it was here, because the pay was great. Hopefully I can find something soon and put my degree and certificate to good use!

One other picture to leave you with of Juliana playing with another toy from Nana and having a lot of fun...

1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

'tis always a sad time when loved ones / family / friends depart for the home shores. All part of the "experience" of living OS unfortunately!

My thoughts are with you at this time, but hope by now you are feeling a bit brighter and knowing that more family will be on their way soon.

I enjoy reading your blog and what you are doing with your life here in Singapore.

All the best for 2009. :-)